March 4, 2011

yesterday's haiku


Yester was his day of birth
We ate cake, I sang
He is old now

I surprised him every hour (not quite)
With a new round of useful gifts
None of which were wrapped.

He opened boots, socks, shorts,
Straight from the shopping bag
I am a lazy wife
(in my defense we don't actually have wrapping paper in our closet. just so you know)

The last surprise was ruined
My pesky cousin spilled the beans
I'll never trust him again

The previous verse may be misleading
No, we are not "expecting"
The last surprise was a movie
(my cousin had helped me pick it out)

To continue the celebration
We spent some time with family
At Ethan's Mr. West Jeff

We learned little Ethan is funny
As he strutted upon the stage
He took second place

A gift from my fam was
A navigation system for his truck
Now we won't get lost

The "day of birth" celebration
Continues through the weekend
We have a date tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers