March 21, 2011

behind the scenes info

So since it's our three month anniversary, I have been inspired to share a little bit more about how we became...."we"

So I already told all about our first date, but I feel inspired to share a little more background information.

I can't tell you exactly when the story started, but my earliest memories of Kolton are when we would drive past the Hansen's house and my mom would tell me and my sister to wave out the window at the Hansen boys. We always squirmed down low in our seats out of embarrassment. 
That, and whenever Hansen vehicle would pass our house my mom would say "Hey girls! Look! A Hansen boy just drove by!"
When I was in about seventh grade, I saw him at church or at high school events and thought to myself how cute he was.
Somehow I was always aware of who he was dating. Not in a weird kind of way, just general information about the neighbor boy. I actually remember commenting on one of his current girlfriends and saying, "They are such a cute couple...of course not as cute as WE would be together." Isn't that hilarious! 

I remember listening to him when he gave his mission farewell. 
We went to his grandparents house that day to eat lunch. 
When we went to leave, I'm pretty sure I shook his hand and said 'good luck' or something along those lines. That was probably the first time I spoke to him.

I remember listening to him when he came home from his mission. I was singing with the Young Women so I was sitting on the stand behind him. But I can still remember a story he told in his talk and how silent/spirit-filled that sacrament meeting was. 

Our first almost-real incident was at a wedding reception the summer I graduated. He was there with his dad and I was there with my parents. We were standing around talking (well, not me and Kolton, we were just listening and avoiding any eye contact) When his dad says "Hey! Kolton! You oughta take Jayci out sometime!" 
Pretty sure I was a deep, dark, shade of red.
But alas, right then Kolton's phone decided to ring (saved by the bell!) and he got outta there real quick. Needless to say, that date didn't happen, or rather, it just was postponed for about six months .

Honestly though, I'm kind of glad that date didn't work out. I'm pretty sure that if that date had happened, "we" wouldn't have happened.
So I guess both of us were "saved by the bell."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers