February 28, 2011

scrounging


That is what we have been doing the past week. We have been scrounging for food to eat since I decided to try something really fun and only go to the grocery store once this month.
uno momento
(Sometimes I use my limited 8th grade Spanish to make up Spanish phrases that really don't make sense but sound neat. I think it drives Kolton crazy)
But actually....I did go that one other time to pick up stuff for my "suga and spice" cookies.
Oh, and there was that other time in preparation for our road trip. (Everybody knows it's not a road trip unless you got goodies! I had to remind Kolton of that fact)
But other than those two times....
uno momento.
Anyway....
We seriously had nothing in our house. noth-ing.and it really was fun because I felt like I was being cost-effective and we had to eat some of that stuff that everyone buys but never gets around to eating and finally throws away because it's two years out of date. (i.e. hamburger helper and cardboard pizza) and because I had no ingredients, I got out of cooking for a time.
So with our fridge bare neck-ed I finally decided it was time to break down and go to the grocery store.
I actually really like going grocery shopping. I like to take my time and browse the aisles looking for the things I need...and some things that I definitely don't need (i.e. the chips ahoy cookies and certain items from the special displays set up to fool innocent shoppers into thinking they need those things in their cupboards right. now.)
I'm such a sucker.
 and I even worked in a grocery store!
Kolton teased me a little bit after I got home about my impulsive shopping habits, but not too much because I know he's just glad he was off the hook. (He doesn't actually like grocery shopping too much. I think it's because he's not as good at spending money as I am)
But now our fridge and bellies are full and I don't have any reason for not cooking anymore because my cupboards are fully restocked. (shoot)
I'll let ya know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. i'm the same way. we should grocery shop together. i like to go up and down the aisles. even if i only need one thing. cuz you just never know what my spark your memory of that REALLY IMPORTANT thing you REALLY NEED. haha. we tried the one grocery shop stop thing...no bueno. but we've managed to cut it down quite a bit. i can't shop with justin because he uses the cart as a race car and tries to rush me. i can't be rushed.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers