September 30, 2010

yikes!

You know those times when something happens and you say to yourself, "My mom really knew what she was talking about"?
I had one of those moments today.
FLASHBACK-to about  seven years ago: my mom warned me to be careful when using a cheese grater because according to her you could slice your hand off with that thing! (okay, so maybe she wasn't quite that dramatic, but she did emphasize the dangerous capacities of a cheese grater.)
PRESENT DAY-like two hours ago: I was cutting cheese for the grilled cheese sandwich i had been looking forward to all day using a cheese grater when my hand slipped and I totally sliced my hand off! (okay, so maybe it's just the knuckle of my right pointer finger)
And it hurt.
I looked down at my finger and saw almost clear to the bone! (okay, so maybe not. there was too much blood to see anything, but I'm sure the bone was visible)
I may have started hyperventilating and and freaking out just a little bit when my roommate Kelsee came to the rescue.
She ran out of her room, got her first aid kit, immediately ripped open the alcohol wipe package and started nursing me back to health. (a.k.a. swabbing my knuckle with the wipe and putting a band-aid on it)
And now i'm just starting the recovery process. I'm a little concerned how this injury may affect my test that I'm supposed to take tomorrow. Obviously I will not be in the right mindset to take the test, and my pointer finger may not be able to run the computer mouse. hmmmm....
We'll have to see how that one goes over.
(exaggeration, anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers