September 26, 2010

why fail tomorrow....

Remember that test? The seventeen page review test? I took it. and holy cow that thing was huge!! It was for my interior design class, which may just sound like a "fluff" class, but let me tell you-it's not. To study for the test I went through every page of the review (there were seventeen of them, just in case you forgot) and made a flashcard for each term. I ended up with about a bajillion flashcards.
these are the above mentioned flashcards that i spent four days making
So I made all of these and then turned around and studied studied studied them. As I was busily doing all this studying and stressing about the exam (the first exam in each class is always the scariest. you don't know what to expect really or how specific everything is going to be...it's intimidating.) I remembered a little motto we came up with in  our pre-calculus class back in high school.
"Why fail tomorrow when you can fail today?"
(referring to conveniently being absent the day of the test in order to put off the failure for one more day. which I did quite often, by the way.)
So as I was studying studying studying, I finally decided that I had had enough of it and remembered this little motto. So I decided to give up the studying and stressing and made my way to the testing center. That building gives me a lot of stress. An hour later, I emerged from the building feeling like a new person. All the stress was lifted off my shoulders and I could finally feel like I could breathe again.
But you know what the best part was....?
I didn't fail
Not even close.
Isn't that great?! I sure thought so. The A- made my poor crampy hand and crammed little brain feel much better. Kolton (who came to see me this weekend. hooray!) and I even celebrated with some mint oreos.
I have a big thing with oreos. (and all other things that could be considered "junk food") and I sure like to eat em. Especially when I'm feeling like I have something to reward myself for.
Anyway....that's all I've got to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers