September 7, 2010

the bad news

I get woken up every morning at exactly 7:00 on the dot.
(which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just a little strange.)
But I have done some investigating and discovered that I believe the reason for this is because my bed is right next to the window which is right next to a very busy street where early morning drivers have no qualms about using their horns.
even at seven in the morning.
oh, utah drivers....

After I woke up at exactly 7:00 on the dot, I decided to drag my roommate Kelsee out of bed to go running with me.
Seriously, with exercising, (and most other things) the buddy system is the way to go.
I didn't want to leave my nice, warm, soft bed to go run around in circles on a dumb track,
she didn't want to leave her nice, warm, soft bed to go run around circles on a dumb track,
but because we had both promised each other that we would go,
we did.
The running wasn't necessarily a bad thing either (once we got up and going)
But feeling like I was going to collapse in a heap on the way home from campus was not real fun.
My poor little legs were just plum worn out!
(and the clompy shoes i was wearing probably didn't help the situation)
(also-just a sidenote, the one teensy little mile that I ran took me sixteen minutes. SIXTEEN!
there's definitely room for improvement in that area of my life)
 I have a bad feeling i'm going to be "feeling the burn" tomorrow morning.

After collapsing on the couch after my long day of school I managed to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich(which happens to be my favorite lunch item at this moment in time)
and I also managed to burn it to a crisp.

It wasn't quite this dramatic, mainly because i was using a griddle instead of a toaster, but still.....it was pretty darn close

But being the tough woman I am (more accurately, the poor college student I am)
I ate it anyway.

and that's all.
(none of that was necessarily "bad news" just kinda funny stuff that resulted in a kinda funny little day.)


p.s.
I forget to mention (and to end on a "good news" note)
Yesterday I finished two physical science assignments thinking they were both due today.
But when I showed up to class,
only ONE was due today
meaning....
I'm actually ahead of the game!
(We'll see how long this lasts)
but for now, I'm feeling pretty dang good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers