September 21, 2010

holy mackerel

This is gonna be a crazy week. I went home (again) this weekend which was just lovely, by the way. but when Sunday night came around and it was time to come home to p-town, I just couldn't do it. All afternoon I kept watching the clock and dreading coming home so......
I didn't.
And I don't even feel bad about it. (it's not necessarily that i dread coming back...it's just that I love Monteview and I love Provo-the four and a half hour (I timed it and it's exactly that) drive is what kills me!
Anyway.....so Monday morning I had to get up and drive clear down here. Then I ran off to class and barely made it on time. But I still made it. Then I was busy doing a bunch of little things all day (mainly grocery shopping. I was OUT of food!) that weren't really that big of a deal.
However.....today was not so lucky. I went running first thing this morning. got lapped by my roommate who is speedy quick and tough. But I also lapped somebody! so that was exciting. I think she was about.....sixty? and was walking the track. I'll take what i can get. After that super fun workout. (not really. running always makes my legs feel jello-y)  I dashed back to my apartment (on jello legs) and cleaned the yucky bathroom for cleaning checks. Not fun. But after THAT, I ran off to class and discovered I had a test this week.
Did not know that.
I don't know how I got so messed up, but I swear the test was next week. I don't have my head screwed on quite straight lately, I guess. So I ran home after my next class and have been busily studying (i.e. filling out a bajillion flashcards. the study guide is 17 pages long! Seventeen!) and then just finishing up some other random assignments due this week. 
I've barely started scaling the iceberg, so hopefully I can continue steadfastly and finish all I have to do this week. Wish me luck!
p.s. I say iceberg not because most of it's mass is underwater but because I'm hoping I don't lose my footing and slide all the way down the slippery slope. Just so ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers