February 14, 2011

while i'm on the subject....

I feel so badly about my blogging absence/neglection (is that a word?) so I figure that while I'm putting off my homework I may as well just write a little more about the daily happenings in the Hansen household. I'll keep it short, promise.
First, Saturday was a lovely day. Seriously. I don't know about all ya'll, but we live for Saturdays in our house when we have nothing to do and all day to do it.
This Saturday was so wonderful because we didn't have anything planned and we weren't in a rush to go anywhere.
So we spent the morning scrubbing the house. (Whenever I tell my mom I'm cleaning she always says, "Well, that'll take ya about five seconds" because my "house"/living space is actually very smallish)
Well, it took us a little longer than five seconds.
Kolton took the kitchen (what a guy, huh?) and I took.....the rest of the house. While I was scrubbing the bathroom I see Kolton walk past with our wedding gifted fancy new drill (if I had a quarter for every time he's told me it is his favorite wedding gift....) I don't know about you, but in all my experience in cleaning the kitchen I have never felt the need to bring out the big guns (the drill) so, naturally, I was concerned.
As I nervously followed him into the kitchen I saw that he was disassembling our microwave to clean in all the nooks and crannies. I'll tell you what, when you tell that boy to clean, he cleans.
After we finished scrubbing (and re-assembling the microwave) I got started on my next project.
making our favorite dinner of all time.......CHICKEN BALLS!
 (the official  name is actually "chicken cordon bleu rollups, but chicken balls is so much less of a mouthful)
We don't have them very often because they are pretty time-consuming (though extremely easy) to make. But luckily I had some more help from my little buddy who was trying to find an excuse to get away from homework (it's a problem around these here parts, obviously) so we got to cookin!
Lastly, I made these babies (please don't be offended)


Obviously these are not mine. Mine did not look nearly as yummy or sassy as these do. (still working on that cooking thing)
I found them on a blog and just thought they were so hilarious and couldn't resist! Such a fun valentine treat for you and your hubby.
After that, we cuddled up and watched The Bourne Ultimatum. We had spent the last two nights watching the other two (because I had never seen the whole series) so we ended our weekend with a bang.
Here's hoping we can have some more chill Saturdays in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers