February 17, 2011

spring is in the air

Windy day in Ireland!
found here
But if you think that that means it's getting any less chilly up in here, you are wrong-a-rino!
A good indication of Spring being right around the corner....(or around the block is probably more appropriate time-wise) is the blustery wind we have been having lately.

Holy moley, it's been nasty the last couple days. Spring really might have been in the air, but pretty sure the wind blew it away. It was almost fifty degrees the other day. (heat wave!) and soooo lovely.
But yesterday and today that ole wind picked up and I have not enjoyed it one little bit. (Never been a big fan of the wind. It's ruined many a sun-bathing experience for me)
 
But I do believe the worst part other than: a) my hair being a mess all over my face and stuck in my chapstick every time I leave the house,  b) freezing my poor little ears off, and c) getting blown every which way all over the sidewalk is that our windows in our apartment aren't totally workable and don't totally shut all the way so the wind howls all day and night.

It's kinda eerie to wake up to that in the middle of the night (just so you know). Good thing I've got my buddy to protect me. :)

We've got some serious draft problems as a result of the window thing. When the wind is especially moving the blinds get to swaying. Pretty sure that's bad.

So I guess Spring isn't exactly right  around the corner. But here's hoping it's coming soon to a town near me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers