March 27, 2014

Cruise in Review part 5


The next day we stopped at Labadee, Haiti. 
Labadee is a small part of the island of Haiti that Royal Carribean owns. There are a few activities there but really the beach is the main attraction. 
I really loved this day. 

We got off the ship and just walked to a little spot on the beach where we spread out all our stuff. We really didn't do anything all day besides play in the water but it was just so beautiful! 
This island was gorgeous. The beach and water were so nice and then there were cliffs on one side of us that were just covered in green. 
It was really paradise. 



We laid on the beach and played in the water and it was just wonderful. 
The water was so warm and it felt good to just float around. 
I sat in my chair and read my book which is my favorite thing to do. 



Then it was time for lunch. 
The ship brought out a lunch for us and set it all up. It was delicious.

After that we went ziplining. 
There is a huge zipline that goes from the mountain down to the beach. 
We had to do a practice run on a little zipline and then we got to go on the big one. 







We were up pretty high and it was kind of frightening, but it was so fun going down. You got to see the view from the top of the island and it was just so beautiful. 







After that we just went back to playing on the beach. 
At one point in the day someone found a crab. 
It was so cool to watch it scuttle around. I'd never seen a crab like that before. 

Later somebody found a sea cucumber and Brevan came to find Kolton so he could pick it up. (everyone else was a little creeped out by it) 

Pretty soon everyone started heading back to the ship to get ready for dinner but Bitters and us just stayed and stayed and stayed. I never wanted to leave! I had been trying so hard to soak up every last bit of the trip and then it was almost over! 



After talking so much about how I never wanted to leave I got nervous that the ship was actually going to leave us so then I was ready to kick it in high gear and get back. We ended up being some of the last ones on the beach though so it was nice to soak it up in the peace and quiet. 
I just really loved it. 


That night they had the super fancy dinner on the ship. On the menu was lobster tail and prime rib. I was so pumped for the lobster and wasn't let down. Basically anything with butter on it is a winner in my book. 

That night we also tried Baked Alaska. Oh my stars, it was good. It was ice cream topped with meringue and I was just dying over it. (passionate about good food, remember?) 

Creed played a little too hard that day!



After that delightful feast we stopped in at the Once Upon a Time show. Kolton had been being a bum in the room (kind of like me at the beginning of the week) and said he had no desire to watch another dancing show (he's not a fine arts kinda guy) he was just going to stay in his room and read. 
And he did, for about 10 minutes. 

Then he ended up racing down to get to the show and was there before anyone else. I hadn't run into him and didn't know that he was even there til the end. Turns out he was still alive even after the show was over. 

After that I think we played a couple rounds of pinochle and then called it a night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers