March 10, 2014

Love story

It is unfortunate how long it's been since I wrote about our lovely love story...

Once I got back to BYU I got right back into the swing of things. My roommates were wonderful and I just really loved them a lot. I even started a blog ( yep, this one) and of course I was talking on the phone to kolton every night. And just like the first night back I realized that he was missing me. ( and I missed him a little too) I had lucked out with my schedule and didn't have class on Fridays so it worked out really nice for me to go home on Thursday nights and spend the weekend in Monteview. And I did that. A lot. My poor car got many miles put on her during this time. 

One night while I was talking on the phone to kolton he said something like, "we'll how are we suppose to find a ring if you are in Utah?" And then I died and answered with some stupid yet witty comeback probably. I remember hanging up the phone and then FREAKING out to my roommates. In a good way, but I just was so happy that we had finally reached the point to talk about ring shopping rather than whether or not we should break up. 
That was a good day. 

After that I put together a little plan. I had told kolton that I had a bunch of stuff to do that weekend and wouldn't be able to come home. But I just wanted to surprise him and I definitely wanted to be available for that whole ring shopping thing. And he believed me. 

When Thursday finally came around I went straight to rexburg ( I had started doing that a lot on my way home) to koltons apartment. He was not home his roommate informed me. So I told the roommate that I had wanted to surprise him and I would be back in an hour. I went to a friends apartment and visited with her and called kolton to see what he was up to. I was so very sneaky. 

When I knew he was home i headed over to his apartment and knocked on the door. It took a minute but finally he answered. (He told me later that he was back in the kitchen and his roommates were all sitting by the door but no one got up to open it. I loved that they were working with my plan!) anyway...we're standing on the doorstep and he seriously just looks at me for like thirty seconds before he realizes what is happening. And the. He was so so happy. He hugged me like twenty times and told me I had armed myself a nice dinner so we went out to eat. That was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers