March 21, 2014

Cruise in Review part 2

Finally we were on the ship and after a brief emergency drill we were home free. We spent the rest of that day unloading our suitcases when they finally showed up and then eating in the dining room which quickly became my favorite part of the trip. 
So much food! 
And all of it was so good! 
I think we had prime rib that first night and I definitely remember the carrot cake. 
Oh, the carrot cake.
 Best frosting I have ever had. 
It was cream cheese and just so smooth and silky and fabulous. I was sharing with my mom (since she ordered two desserts and I had passed my peach crumble on to Kolton while I fawned over the carrot cake) and everyone at the table got a kick out of us when we would repeatedly say, "This is sooo yummy" "Yeah, it was a good choice." We probably repeated those few lines to each other at least three times. We are just really passionate about good food. 


That night we walked around for just a minute and then I insisted that we go to bed because I was just exhausted. 
We had our own room which was very nice because every single night I had to take a thousand bathroom trips which is just so beyond irritating. 
I don't know what was wrong with me. 


We woke up the next morning and moseyed on over to the Windjammer for the breakfast buffet and then went to find the rest of our group. 

We found them laying out by the pool and snagged a few chairs to join them. 
We lathered up with sunscreen and soaked up the sun while reading and eating all the free soft serve ice cream we could. (So fabulous) We were conveniently near the Sprinkles machine so we had quite a few helpings. 

After sitting around all morning, we decided it was time for another meal! We again ate at the Windjammer and then decided to check out the Flowrider. We got in line to surf after watching Addi and Brevan boogie board. 






The line was quite long and it was nervewracking because no matter how long you had waited in line, as soon as you crashed your turn was done. That was a lot of pressure! 

We finally did get out there and it was fun! We performed decently and then only bad part was after I crashed and the water swept me away I nearly lost the bottom half of my swimsuit and was trying my darndest to pull it up without anyone seeing my bum. Don't think I was able to accomplish that. 

Then we went back to laying in the sun which was just wonderful. I love to just sit in the sun and read my book. And eat ice cream. 

Soon it was time for dinner so we showered and got ready and headed for the dining room. It was formal night so we got all gussied up. A few weeks before I had been trying to decide what to wear when on a whim I decided to see if the dress I wore for Jr. Miss still fit. I was ecstatic (like, really) when it did. I was at my mom's house and kept saying, "I just can't believe it fits!" and Addi kept saying, "Well, it DOES stretch" which I just ignored.

For dinner that night I had the shrimp ravioli and lobster bisque and it was just delicious. Come to think of it, I had quite a few different bisques. Lobster, strawberry, peach, pineapple, watermelon, to name a few. The dining room also had the best bread. They had these rolls with cheese baked on the top and they just hit the spot.




That night we watched a little bit of a Celine Dion concert (pre-recorded unfortunately) and then we had to find the boys since they were not being Celine Dion fans.

We got out of our fancy clothes and went down to a show called "Invitation to Dance" it was basically a dance recital and I enjoyed it, but Kolton was dying little by little because he is a big baby. After that we headed to bed because I am a nazi about sleep and we had to get up early the next morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers