May 17, 2013

Shout Hooray!


Look how happy he is!
 Kolton had a birthday!
He is now 26!
 (Doesn't that sound so dang old? He's that much closer to 30 which is basically ancient.)


We spent the day at church and at a cousin's farewell.  Later we had our families come over for cake and ice cream. I made an ice cream cake that was a total disaster, but I tried.
He opened up a swim suit, a movie, tennis shoes, and work boots. 
So exciting!
Don't you love that me circa 2009 also gets to be a part of this picture? That's the gift that I got from our white elephant gift exchange Can you imagine my surprise in opening a picture of my face that I did not enter into the gift giving?

Back to the birthday boy...
Kolton had been asking for a pressure washer so he could wash our cars among other things. I resisted a little bit because I'm not very nice. But after he talked and talked and talked about it I decided I had probably better give in. I went to town with my parents one Saturday and we picked one out. A couple days later and the day before his birthday I was in town with Kolton and he walked right up to a pressure washer almost identical to the one I had bought him. He then proceeded to tell me that this is what he had in mind. 
I looked at him dumbfounded, pretended to play dumb, and asked, "What is it?"
 The look of disbelief and disappointment on his face was so priceless.
I think I even had him fooled till the next day when I wheeled it out of the garage and presented it to him. Poor boy, I just can't resist being mean and I always love a good surprise. 

I sure love that kid and always enjoy being around him. Even though his methodical deliberate-ness can sometimes drive me batty, he is the perfect complement to my scatterbrained impetuous-ness. He is one of the most patient people I have ever known and is pretty easy to be around too. 
I just have to add one more....
I think he's neat. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he enjoyed your gift! He's not just the only one who'll enjoy it; cleaning with pressure washers is definitely beneficial to everyone in the house too. If you adjust the settings, you can also use it for some light-duty cleaning. And using them is fun since they give such immediate results while cleaning, you'll want to clean any outdoors area near you.

    Total Clean Equipment

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers