May 29, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day also happened to be my madre's birthday so we made a day out of it. 
I started off the day by sending Kolton out to work. Somebody has to make a living to pay for all my playing! 
Then I met up with Tylee and we walked all around the cemetery in Terreton. I think we walked past every headstone. I think it's good to do that, and I like to do it, but it makes me sad because all of the names are familiar and I know a lot of the stories. It's a sad cemetery. 

Then we drove into town together to meet up with the rest of the fam. 
We had planned on riding with them but Addi was a sicky so we decided to spare ourselves the exposing of the germs and rode by ourselves. It was some good sister bonding/life planning time. 

These two only argued for most of the day. About a present for my mom believe it or not...
We went to the Ririe, Rigby, Milo, Grant, and Fielding Cemeteries.

I love to go with my parents because my dad always tells us the stories about the families that I'm hoping to one day internalize so I can remember them on my own and pass them down. 
Brevan was being just a titch difficult

After visiting the cemeteries we decided to eat at Applebees and do the opening of the gifts. 
Every year on my mom's birthday my dad gets super stressed out and just a tiny bit ornery because he doesn't know what to get her so I have taken it upon myself to do some of the shopping for him so he'll have at least a little peace of mind knowing that he has something for her and also so he can be a little more pleasant to be around. 
Also because I'm pretty good at spending other people's money. 
Here are a few of the gifts. 

She lived in Texas for four years you know!




Super excited about the free dessert!


And the Diet Coke.
 I'm sure the other people at Applebees were super amused by us. 


It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers