May 23, 2013

I Did It!

When I was younger people would always ask me what I was going to do with my life and I would always say, "Gradate from college" because I felt like it was what I was supposed to say. I never actually thought I would really do it. Well.....
 

I am now a diploma-in-hand graduated person! It was a beautiful day.  Even though I still feel like I just barely graduated from high school.

I was a bit annoyed because Student Teaching stretched on for two weeks after graduation, but it all turned out okay. 
I about died when I told my kids that I was graduating that day. In the morning class most of the kids were like, "Wait, you're in college?" Totally oblivious. 
In the afternoon class when I announced my big news the kids broke out in a round of applause. It was the cutest and sweetest thing ever and made me feel so loved and maybe a little teary-eyed...kinda like this man below when I ran into him in the hallway. 


It was so fun that I got to graduate with my favorite Bitters. Love those people. 

 

School has been such a crazy wing-dinger for me so I am sure glad to be done with it! I started out at BYU and just loved every second of it. When we got married and I transferred I spent many months homesick for that campus, my friends, and the beautiful weather. 
However, BYU-I also has a special little place in my heart. From the first day on campus when I wandered around in the dumping snow with Kolton's handmade map in my hands, to all the (mostly) dreaded group projects (some actually did turn out pretty okay), to some seriously amazing professors who really inspired me, to two summers spent in summer school and driving back and forth from Rexburg every day, to the loaf of bread and honey butter I ate every day I was on campus on my special couch, it's all been lumped into a really great experience.



 I know I'll miss being on campus and listening to lectures. I really was so blessed to have such amazing teachers that really inspired me to do my best and who were the best examples to me of what a good teacher should be. I loved listening to them talk and share ideas and the discussion we would get into during class. 
Homework on the other hand...I was pretty happy to kiss that one goodbye. 
Through all the struggles and stressing and crying and laughing and everything else, it's all over!


And it was a happy, happy day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers