May 19, 2013

For the First and Last Time

Kolton's cousin Candace got married clear back in November.

It was such a nice day and I just really love going to weddings. 
Later that night there was a reception up in Dillon, Montana. We were doing a bit of hemming and hawing trying to decide if we wanted to drive clear up there. 
I was pushing it a bit because #1, there is always good food at receptions, and #2 there was supposed to be a dance after the receiving line. 
Let me just tell you that I absolutely LOVE dancing. Whether I'm cleaning the house or in the shower or in the aisles of the grocery store I like to do a little jamming. 
Here's a few super embarrassing examples from back in my college glory days:


 
I think it goes without saying that Kolton doesn't exactly understand or share my love of dancing. I can't even get him to dance with me in the kitchen or jam in the car for heavens sake! 

So it's completely understandable that Kolton was resisting the reception for much the same reason I was pushing for it. 
We finally decided to go and I had (after a LOT of begging and pleading) exacted a promise out of him that he would dance exactly ONE dance with me. 

When we got to the reception after we ate our fill of all the good food provided I decided I needed to choose carefully when I was going to take advantage of Kolton's promise. 
I finally got him to take me out for a spin on the dance floor. 
An hour later, we removed ourselves from the dance floor. 
I had such a nice time and was grinning from ear to ear the entire night and the whole way home. 

Kolton has since informed me that that was the last time he would ever do something like that, so I guess I'll have to live on it for the rest of my life. 
At least we got some photo evidence...
Can you see the pure bliss on my face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers