May 28, 2013

"It's Just So Overwhelming!"

My favorite little Amy got married a couple weeks ago. I met Amy at State Junior Miss back in high school and we were roommates my second year at BYU along with other Junior Miss-ers and some other friends we picked up along the way. 
All of us blonde girls had an absolute BALL living together for those four months before I got married. I love each of them SO SO much and missed them so much after I got married and went from living with six chatty girls to one quiet boy. Luckily that boy was pretty handsome so it worked out okay. 

I digress.
It had been about a year since our last get together so I decided to head down to Salt Lake for Amy's wedding and try to see as many roommates as possible. Two of them are one missions so that was a little difficult, but I did get to see Kelsee and Amy which was so very fun. 

I had been trying to decide whether or not to go and how it was all going to work out. A day trip wasn't sounding that fun, but I didn't really know how else to work it and wasn't being so successful in convincing Kolton to come with me. 
Then we hit on a marvelous plan. Tylee had come home from Logan for the weekend but had to go back to train for one last race. The original plan was to ride down with her, but that got a little messed up so after school Addi and I drove down to Logan to stay the night at Tylee's apartment. 
It rained almost the whole way down but we eventually made it. After a quick Costa Vida stop (raspberry chicken nachos are kind of my favorite right now) we went to Tylee's and watched a movie with her roommates and person of interest. 

The next morning we got up early and raced to Salt Lake. I was nervous about missing seeing her come out of the temple because it was about the only time I'd be able to see Amy at all. It rained HARD the whole way to Salt Lake which was a bit unnerving, but again, we made it. 

We parked at City Creek and walked over to Temple Square in the rain. Luckily Addi and I had stopped at Walmart in Logan and invested in an umbrella and the new T-Swift CD to jam to.
It was so beautiful in Temple Square. I couldn't believe all the flowers and colors. It had been a couple years since I had been there and probably about ten years since I had been there when it was not winter so we loved walking around and looking at everything even though it rained and rained and rained. 



I was kind of a freak about missing Amy so we sat outside the entrance doors for over an hour just waiting. When she finally came out, it was all worth it. 
It was also worth it to attack Kelsee when I finally saw her. 
After seeing those girls and chatting for a bit I met up with Tylee and Addi again and we walked around for a bit more. We went on a tour of the Beehive House with the cutest little sister missionaries ever.





Finally we were half starved so we decided it was time to eat. We headed back to City Creek and went to the Cheesecake Factory. I have always heard people rave about it so I was excited to eat there. Tylee was resisting a tiny bit because she had eaten there before and claimed she had been overwhelmed by the menu. I shrugged that off and insisted. 
When the waiter handed us our menu, I saw exactly what she was talking about. Pages and pages of everything you could ever think of and no pictures! How can you have a menu with no pictures?! 
After a lot of deliberation we finally ordered two big meals to share. Some Jambalaya and a Cajun Chicken pasta. Tylee is kind of into the down south/cajun stuff right now.
And of course we had to order a monster piece of cheesecake. 

We spent the next couple of hours walking around City Creek and decided that place is just a little too high class for us. Luckily they had a Forever 21 so we could afford a few things.
Unfortunately Addi did not get the cat ear headband...
When we were shopped out, we headed back to Brigham City to drop Tylee off at her car and then Addi and I drove the rest of the way home. 
I almost forgot how much I haven't missed that drive. Luckily I had Addi with me who agreed to read aloud The Help to me. As if I didn't already have it memorized. 
It was good to finally make it home and we quite enjoyed our little girls weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers