February 25, 2013

On Potato Guns, Wreaths, and Unspoken Expressions

So it's no secret that our relationship while dating was up and down and all over the place (mostly because I have fully disclosed all events that happened during that time).
Side note: I actually came upon a brilliant idea the other day to go back as far as possible in Kolton's emails to see if I could find any he had written to his missionary brother while we were dating to see what he had said about me. Jackpot! He definitely had a lot to say. Unfortunately, most of it was not exactly what I wanted to hear. That's what happens when you get snoopy, I guess!
Anyway...
So all summer long Kolton had been a tiny bit (HA!) indecisive. That kid could NOT make up his mind and he was driving me batty. But I was pretty sure I knew what I wanted and wasn't going to give up on us so easily. Which I should maybe be a little embarrassed about. I should have made him work for it a bit, but I was never that type of girl.
ANYWAY.
All summer long Kolton hadn't quite made up his mind about where he wanted to go with this thing we were doing. When he tried to break it off two days before I left for school I didn't even try to argue with him to the contrary. I told him to go home and when he had made up his mind to let me know but that I was leaving and wanted a decision before I left.
Like I mentioned before, he was back the next day. After every almost breaking up instance Kolton told me he would go home, settle down, think about things and realize that he could relax and just see where this would go.
On the morning that I left for college Kolton came over to show off his potato gun that he had spent the morning building. We finally said our goodbyes and with my car stuffed to the max, I was off.
When I FINALLY got to Provo I was missing my family, missing Kolton, and wondering if I had made the right decision. I had been debating whether or not I should go back to school but had finally decided that it would be the best decision even though it would be hard.
But sitting in my car at the Riviera, all I wanted to do was turn around and drive right back home. I finally did get out of my car and headed up to my apartment. When I saw the pretty wreath hung on the door and said door opened to my favorite Kelsee giving me the biggest and best welcoming hug I could have asked for, I knew I had made the right decision.
My roommates all helped me unload my car and get settled. An hour or two into my unpacking, Kolton called.
And again, I knew that I had made the right decision in coming to school.
That boy MISSED me. Even though he never said it, I could tell.  
And that was a really good little minute. I realized that he would miss me just as much as I would miss him and that maybe this was going somewhere serious after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers