February 16, 2013

Student Teaching

It's been a while.
 
Life has been a bit busy lately.
I started my student teaching on January 2nd after a wonderful, relaxing, family and food filled Christmas break.
I was so nervous the first day, but have settled in pretty quickly and have been teaching probably about 3/4 of the day.
I am teaching in the 5th grade when I teach Spelling, Reading, and Language Arts to a morning and afternoon class.
 
It's definitely been an experience so far! Not as easy as I thought it would be, but not as hard either. I've definitely laughed a lot, cried a lot, prayed a lot, and learned a lot. And I still have two and a half months to go!
This has definitely been an adventure and I have learned and done something new everyday.
 
I have to say that teaching is definitely the most rewarding and frustrating thing I have ever experienced. Some days I want to just pull all my students into a great big love hug and other days I want to pull my hair out. Basically that dichotomy has been ruling my life as of late and taking up most of my time. But I will definitely try to give a little more attention to writing and keeping caught up. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers