February 20, 2013

It's a Good Thing I Love Him

So since I started Student Teaching I have been a bit busy and super unmotivated to cook dinner. I had a hunch that this was going to happen and therefore spent a couple days during Christmas Break making up some freezer meals to stick in the crockpot or oven after a long day at school.
 
When Kolton saw me making these meals he made the comment that maybe I shouldn't stockpile so many because we didn't know for sure if we'd actually like it and he wanted to avoid a freezer full of unwanted meals. I didn't listen to closely to him because I figured having a meal that we had to choke down might at least be marginally better than Cheerios for dinner.
 
In truth, we have liked many of the meals that I made and they have been super nice to have around. However, (of course) one night I had stuck some honey, soy sauce, can't even remember the rest of the weird ingredients, chicken in the crockpot. It smelled okay when I got home and I wasn't as worried about it as I had been when I had prepped it that morning.
 
Kolton didn't so much like it, however. He informed me that the chicken looked too much like the formaldehyde soaked body parts he had dealt with in his cadaver lab at school to be edible.
 
Honestly, the chicken wasn't my favorite but it was fine. He wouldn't eat more than two bites.
I was tempted to be a little hurt or offended until I remembered (or was reminded) that he eats everything and never complains about the taste. If he wasn't eating this meal, it must really bring back unpleasant memories.
So I let it slide.
And I have no idea what I'm going to do with the other bag of frozen honey/soy sauce chicken sitting in our freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers