March 31, 2012

that one time when kolton crashed the family vacation...

the next chapter of the looove story (just in case you're not sick of this long drawn out thing yet)

So I already talked about this a little bit but I just have to go a little more in-depth because it was just such a lovely weekend.
My family was headed to St. George to visit my grandparents for Easter/Conference.
So of course I invited my favorite little friend to tag along!
And he couldn't say no because we were headed to St. George which is infinitely nicer than Idaho in the spring.
So Kolton drove down to P-town on Friday and we watched a movie (Better Off Dead) in my car at the base of the Y (Sounds scandalous, right? It wasn't.).
Then the next day he spent some time at the old HBLL (the library, I just need to feel like I'm still with it on BYU terminology) while I went to a few classes.
Soon we were on the I-15 southbound headed for good ole St. Geezy.

It was quite a long drive but I really enjoyed just being able to talk to him in person (talking for hours on the phone every night was getting real old).
We had a lovely time in St. George. The weather was as beautiful as promised, the girls got to go shopping, and the boys got in a little motorbike ride. I hardly saw Kolton at all that day, but I loved that I could send him off with my dad and not worry about if that was okay with him, or if he would feel uncomfortable.
That night was when we headed to the temple and I made up the fake engagement story for my poor cousin.

All too soon, it was time to head home. Poor Kolton had a long drive ahead of him.
It had been such a good weekend, and another big turning point for us I think.
I loved how well he fit in with my family, that he didn't have to be the center of attention all the time, and that we could again spend inordinate amounts of time together without being annoyed or ready to get away.
Suffice it to say, after that weekend I was definitely looking forward to that summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers