March 29, 2012

things that crack me up lately

Do you ever have those moments where you are in a solemn place (or maybe a not-so-solemn place, but definitely somewhere where it would be considered socially unacceptable to burst out laughing for no reason) and you remember something funny that happened the day before, a month before, or five years before, and this memory just slays you and it takes all your willpower to hold in your laughter?

I do.
Quite frequently.
I'm going to share these stories with you, but I have to warn you. I think they're the you-had-to-be-there kind of stories.
Nonetheless....

One of these memories is from back in high school. My not-so-trusty car was getting fixed and I was stuck with an old pink/magenta-ish Nissan to drive while my car was getting fixed.


My friends affectionately named the car "The Ghetto Hoe" and I instantly became the coolest girl in school...still trying to figure out the connection there.
As you can see from the lovely picture, everyone wanted a turn to drive the ghetto hoe.
I got in trouble a few times when my parents saw the ghetto hoe driving down the highway Jayci-less.
This was West Jefferson High School and I didn't exactly lock my car...or take the keys out of the ignition, So peeps would just hop in and take it for a spin.
When I got my real car back, I got a lot of questions about what had happened to the ghetto hoe.
Unfortunately her speedometer had issues (as in, it didn't work at all) so she made me a little nervous to drive.
Honestly, I don't even know where she is now, but maybe I can talk Kolton into taking us for a spin sometime.

Memory number two is also from high school. My senior year I somehow got the defective locker.
Defective as in there was no lock.
Defective as in there was no lock, and there was a giant hole in my locker door where the missing lock would have been.
iIdidn't mind so much. It beat having to remember a combination.
About halfway through the year, I was joking with Coach K. about my locker. I mentioned my calculus teacher and how when she had issued us those fancy graphing calculators at the beginning of the year she had warned us that if we lost our calculator for any reason, we owed the school 100 dolla bills ya'll.
In my joking sesh with Coach K. I mentioned that I hoped someone would steal my calculator so I could blame it on the school because my locker had no lock.
The next day I arrived at school, swung my locker open, and just stared inside in confusion.
My locker was empty.
All my books, tablets, pencils, and all the other junk was just...gone.
Everything except my fancy graphing calculator.
It was sitting all by its lonesome on the locker shelf.

It took me a minute to process all of this, but when it finally did make it all the way through my brain, I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
Sure enough, when I snuck into Coach K.'s room, there were all my books, tablets, pencils, and other junk in a box beside his desk. (by other junk, I mean a cooking pot, a juice mixer, a raincoat, etc.)
So for the rest of the year my locker stayed empty and between classes I would run to Coach K.'s room to my other locker.
We got a lot of laughs out of this prank, he especially found all my extra junk strange.
In my yearbook he signed,
"I knew I should have turned you in when I found "pot" in your locker"
Oh my, those really were the bad ole days, man.

Whenever I remember those two (and many other) little incidents they without fail put a smile on my face.
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers