March 23, 2012

a quarter of a century

That's a long time isn't it?
A looong time.
Don't you think that would be a long time to be alive?
Me too.

I've been trying to explain that to Kolton ever since he turned 25 almost a month ago.
bBut goll, 25 is lookin so far so good!

I started off the birthday week by doing a little online shopping. I love that concept. I could do my shopping right in the comfort of my own home. In my pajamas. And then I spent the rest of the week stopping myself every time I was about to make a comment about his presents.

We're not real exciting around here, but I did actually wrap the presents this year...the presents that arrived anyway. Some of the online purchases were about three days too late.

Later that day I went to a baby shower while Kolton chilled in the car and went to Walmart. Then my parents treated us to Jakers. Kolton got the seafood buffet and I might have helped him eat some of it...I'm a sucker for crab legs.

Then we raced home from Idaho Falls trying to make it to a movie. We were a little late, So we ended up going to "We Bought a Zoo." I thought it was the cutest movie, even if it was a one-time kind of show. I got teary eyed which never happens during movies. Kolton enjoyed it until the kid sitting behind him spit some chewed up popcorn on the back of his neck. That kind of ruined it for him.

Then we went out for ice cream and bought ourselves a two and a half gallon box of ice cream that we're still eatin on.

On Sunday we had some friends over. The Pearsons, Allens, and Tyson. We visited and shared some of our ice cream. Not very much though, cuz we didn't want them to eat it all.

All in all, it was a pretty good birthday weekend. Good eatin, good company, and a good way to celebrate 25 years of livin. (even if he does only look like he's 18) I even got a picture albeit poor quality, of the occasion.

Love you honey! Here's to 25 more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers