March 22, 2012

Hermana Richey

So this last weekend I headed down to St. George.
Alone.
It was my favorite little Hermana Richey's farewell!

I love that girl.
She was an old roommate and just the sweetest thing alive. She brought me clam chowder when I was sick. and not just any clam chowder...Skipper's clam chowder! (I have a thing for old nasty restaurants)
Anyway, she was leaving on her mission and I decided it was high time I met up with old friends and took a road trip.

So on Friday after class, I headed out after coming in and out of the house at least five times and telling Kolton goodbye at least five times. by the time I came back in the house to refill my water bottle, he didn't even come out of the back room to say goodbye because we had done it five times before! And honestly, I got a little teary eyed leaving him. And I'm not a mushy gushy sappy person like that, but I did. He was headed home to his mama's though, so he was definitely taken care of. (She probably gets teary eyed when he leaves her because she knows he doesn't get taken care of by me!)

So after that in and out goodbye fiasco, I was off. I drove and drove and drove and finally got to Provo around 9. And it was 65 degrees! And I couldn't remember why I left that place in the first place. (my teary eyed goodbye was long gone by this point. beautiful weather takes priority here.) I went inside my old roommate's apartment (Amy and Kelsee), sat on the bed, and Kelsee and Ii chatted for the next two hours straight. Then Amy came home and we chatted some more!
I just really love old friendships where you can not see or talk to each other for a while, but the second you see each other again it's like you never left.
We FINALLY went to bed (I'm not nearly the night owl I used to be) and then got up bright and early to get on the road.
We picked up Chelsea (who I knew from summers she spent in Monteview and who replaced me as a roommate when I got married and stuff) and we were on the road.
We didn't talk a ton on the way down for some reason. We were all still a little sleepy I think, and we made pretty good time. (except for the part where I thought I'd lost my phone and we had to pull over to look for it because I  just knew it had fallen out of the car at the last rest stop and was now in pieces in the parking lot. Not so crazy. It's happened to me before.)
When we showed up to Kyleigh's house they had a spread of food the likes of which I have never seen. They had every single kind of chips and dip/crackers and dip that you could even think of. (I was partial to the strawberry salsa and cinnamon chips myself) that was some good eatin man. After we gorged ourselves and chatted some more (obviously) and headed to Kyleigh's closet to check out her new missionary clothes (obviously). We hid out in her room and chatted some more. (I thoroughly enjoyed talking to girls all weekend. I like talking to Kolton but usually his responses are along the lines of "oh" or "I don't know" instead of "oh my gosh!" "yes! I know exactly what you mean! this one time..." girls are just a lot easier to talk to than husbands sometimes)
After we came out of hiding Kelsee, Chelsea, Amy, and I all went shopping (cuz that's what girls do during a reunion). I was determined not to buy anything, but I'm pretty sure you know how that went down.
Then we went to Pizza Factory for dinner.

We were a little surprised when we ordered a pizza to share and they brought out personal pan sized pizzas that were teeny. Luckily we weren't too hungry and the massive twisty breadsticks combined with the miniscule pizzas were the perfect amount of dinner after the appetizer/dip fiasco earlier in the day.

We stayed the night at my grandparents house and it was just so nice to see them! I visited with them quite a bit, joked around, and just had a really nice time. They were shoving food at us all weekend and definitely took good care of us.

On Sunday, thanks to Amy's aggressive, speedy driving skills, we made it to church on time. Kyleigh did an awesome job with the limited amount of time she had.

(Sidenote: it snowed while we were in St. George. not exactly the weather I was hoping for, but I wore my capris anyway. out of principle, ya know).

After church we headed back to the Richey's for another stuff your face fest. They had a pasta bar with delicious lasagna and the best caesar salad I have ever encountered. All too soon, it was time to head out. We said our goodbyes, said our goodbyes again, and finally got outta there.


Then it was a looong drive home for me. We made good time on the way home and I was able to make it back to Rexburg by about 10:30 to be reunited with my one and only. (He missed me. I finally coaxed that confession out of him) What a weekend!

I'm so excited for my dear Kyleigh. I know she'll be a great lil missionary and the people of New York are lucky to have her! See ya in 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers