October 18, 2013

This is the story of an almost iPhone

So once upon a time (this story actually happened back in July) Kolton had surfed behind the boat with his phone in his pocket. It was unknown whether his phone would survive the damage, so he started planning and plotting about the new phone he would get. Since we like to stay up on all the trends and be cool and stuff, he wanted to get himself a fancy little iPhone.

Fast forward to a few days later, Kolton had finally decided to get himself the iPhone even though his old water soaked phone was actually still working. (Don't ask me why, I've never quite understood the workings of that boy's mind) So he headed into town and got himself the phone. Honestly I did not even care what he did, but I did think it was strange that he was getting a new phone when his old one still worked. But I think it had something to do with the fact that the iPhone was on sale at the time and if there's one thing Kolton can't resist, it's a good deal. With his affinity for good deals we have found ourselves with many treasures that we neither wanted or needed until we found out we could get them for cheap and they became necessities. (A certain piano comes to mind...)

Anyway, so he got the phone he wanted. And from the minute he got home from town until the next morning all I heard from him was what a huge mistake he had made and how dumb he was and how he now wanted to return the phone he had had for less than 12 hours. Well lucky for him, he had to work so I was volunteered to drive to Rexburg and return the phone. 

The reasons Kolton wanted to return the phone. 
1. I don't deserve it. 
2. It's going to get dropped/wet/muddy/shattered/filled with hay leaves/ruined out at work. 
3. My old phone works fine. 

Now if you know me at all you will understand why and how much I DESPISE cell phone stores. If you do not, here is a noncomprehensive list. 

1. There is never anyone working there. Two people at most. 
2. The two people that are working there are almost always not super smart. 
3. The two nonbrilliant people that work there only know how to speak in some advanced cell phone technology language that I just do not understand. Their vocabulary includes words like:   fastest 3G network, specialized mybullfrog insurance plan, unlimited data plan, account numbers, etc. I do not know what these words mean. 
4. For some reason, even the simplest transaction seems to take at least an hour. I have never in my life gone in a cell phone store and gotten out of there in under an hour. Never. 
5. The two techie employees are always trying to talk me into things that I do not want to be talked into. And they put on the pressure. And they make me feel dumb. 
6. etc. 

Continuing on...
So now you may understand why Kolton was not exactly my favorite person in the world when HE volunteered ME to return the phone that I told HIM not to buy in the first place and that HE had bought less than 12 hours before. I really just don't know how I got mixed into this equation. 

I still don't know how it happened because I did put up a fight (including sharing with him my noncomprehensive list from above...except he got the comprehensive version) but somehow I found myself walking through the dreaded cell phone store doors.  

And the experience proved to be everything nightmares are made of and was just exactly as unpleasant as I knew it would be.

He owes me big time. 

Believe it or not, returning the phone took three different trips to three different cell phone stores before we finally got everything settled. We did not even OWN the phone as long as it took to RETURN the phone. 
But Kolton did get his old phone hooked up and a severe talking to from his wife about doing dumb things. 
And that's the end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers