October 21, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

School is great.
School is fun. 
School is exhausting. 

But it's mostly just really awesome. 
 Those kids just kill me! We've had some good times together. 
Here are some of the funnier things that I can remember. 

1. One kid in particular just makes me laugh. It doesn't matter what he is saying, I think it is funny. One day we were all lined up ready to go to the library and he made a comment and I exploded into a giggling fit that I couldn't get under control. For at least two minutes. So all of the kids are in line staring at their teacher who can't quit laughing. They think I'm weird. 

2. Kolton brought his potato gun to school to show the kids and we both received the following comments: 
-"Your husband has nice rims on his pickup."
-"Wow, that's a nice chevro-let (he pronounced the 'let')
-"You guys make a cute couple."
-"You have a beautiful wife."
-"Can we go out in the field and catch the potato after you shoot it off?" (um...probably not darlings...)

3. We did a pre-test just the other day and the kids had to list 3 helping verbs. A surprising number of kids wrote things like:
 -Mowing the lawn.
-Making my bed. 
-Cleaning the house. 
etc. 
(I died laughing while grading their tests. I thought this was so cute and funny.)

4. "We just want to have FUN!" -After I told them that planning a flash mob to the Harlem Shake during the middle of class was unacceptable. (I was actually laughing really hard inside but I didn't let them know that)

5. After I told one of the kids that swinging made me motion sick he said, "Just try to think of something boring. Pretend you are in church."

6. "Wanna know somethin? I have acid reflux."

7. After I told the kids that I was keeping track of every time they got in trouble and would tell their moms about each incident one kid was just devastated. He put his head in his hands and said, "Oh no....you CAN'T tell my mom...."

Oh man, they just kill me. I'm sure there are many more, but that's all I can remember for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers