October 28, 2013

How to be the Best Husband Ever in 7 Easy Steps

1. Don't complain when your wife is sick with the first death cold of the year and keeps you up all night with her coughing, sneezing, blowing her nose, and just being altogether disgusting.

2. While your wife is gone to Parent Teacher Conference until all hours of the night (9:00 feels so late now that I'm old and boring) pick up the house and make sure it is sparkling when she arrives home exhausted.

3. Take your wife on a date and don't even laugh (too much) about the fact that she talked too much at Parent Teacher Conference and now has lost her voice and can't speak above a faint whisper.

4. While on the date, let your wife order the dish you were eyeing and pick something else. Oh, and make sure you order the Spinach and Artichoke dip too.

5. Always, Always, ALWAYS, remember to grab ice cream at the end of the date. And don't even stop at Walmart before heading home even though you really want to.

6. After telling your wife 10,000 times that you can't help her with the yard work the next day because you are just too dadgum busy, surprise her the next morning by removing the flat tire from her car, pulling up all the plants in the garden and loading them in the back of your pickup, and retrieving the lawn mower for her to use later that day...all before 8:00 in the morning. (I seriously got a little teary eyed when I saw he had taken care of the garden for me.)

7. Come home after working all day and before going to a big long church meeting help your wife finish mowing the lawn and cleaning the garage.

Yeah, Kolton was kind of the MVP of our house this week.

Oh my stars, I love that man.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom was just telling me about your blog! I love this list. In fact, I think I will print it off for Justin. Only as a gentle suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers