February 22, 2012

a weekend visitor

A continuation of the evolvement of our loove

So Kolton and I never actually had ourselves a DTR for which I am grateful because no matter how those conversations go they are nothing but awkward. But we did somehow unspokenly know that we weren't interested in dating anyone else. And it wasn't like we came out and said it or made each other pinky promise that we would only date each other, but it was more of a frame of mind, I guess you could call it.
I had lost interest in any other boys, I had no desire to go on a date with anyone else, and it wasn't because I thought Kolton would be mad, I just really didn't even want to. It was such a strange thing for me, a grass is greener kind of person.

But that's not the point of this story.
It's just an important point.

So a couple weeks passed, Kolton and I continued to regularly call each other (and by that I mean every night) and talk for hours while still living our lives in two different states.

One weekend I was planning on vising Andra in Logan, but on Friday night, the day before
I was supposed to head up to Logan, the plans got cancelled. I didn't feel too bad about it and I felt even better about it after my nightly call to Kolton.
"So...you don't have any plans for this weekend then?"
Nope.
"Well....would you mind if I came down there to see you?"
After I got over my shock and awe and said that would probably be okay with me, we set about making plans.

He left early on Saturday morning and his ETA was about eleven or so.
I was f r e a k i n g   o u t.
SO NERVOUS!
I cleaned my apartment to give myself something to do, but I just had rumbly tumbly fluttery butterflies in my stomach.

Then I heard the knock at the door and thought I was going to pass out. I mean, we talked on the phone all the time, but the time we got to spend with each other was very limited and I just did NOT know what we were going to do with each other for two days.
But there he was, waiting at the door.
I took a few deep breaths and opened it up acting as natural as ever.
I made some lunch that I couldn't even eat because I was still so jittery. But I eventually got over that and suggested we go for a walk. I took him on the grand tour of campus and we just had a grand time exploring.
I took him to all my favorite places and we walked through all the buildings and just really had a nice time.

Later we went to dinner and then watched a movie.
The next morning we had to wait around for my 1:00 church so we made banana pancakes (still a Sunday morning staple) and Kolton ironed my skirt while I finished getting ready (this still happens too)
At church we got a few funny looks and then it was time to make dinner and he headed home.

We had such a nice time together that weekend, and I felt like it was really a big step for us because he was willing to come all the way down to Provo to visit me.
Our parents were all freaking out of course as they realized that maybe this was a little more than they originally thought. 
I could understand.
I knew the feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers