February 15, 2012

he thinks he's sneaky

Since the new year our church time has switched from 9:30 to 1.
It was such a bummer.
When the bishop announced the new time from the pulpit there were audible groans from the audience (congregation?).
But that's not the point of this story.
The point of this story is that we have ample (and I mean ample) time on Sunday mornings. I mean, we could study our scriptures for a good three hours or prepare our Sunday School lesson (ahem...not that we ever wait til the last minute....) but no matter what we do, we still have ample (and I mean ample) time to dink around on Sunday mornings.

Enter: last Sunday

Kolton was in a goofy mood that morning as we slowly ate our breakfast and studied our scriptures for two hours (not). So finally I decided it was time to get a move on and hopped in the shower. I was just showerin away, probably shampooing or rinsing and repeating
(Every time I think of rinsing and repeating I remember that Lizzie Mcguire episode when they asked Ethan Croft his secret for great hair and he said, "You know how the shampoo bottle says rinse and repeat? I don't repeat." That was a nice blast from the past!)
Anyway, so I'm rinsing and repeating, probably singing, when I feel a little whoosh of cold air. I usually get irritated when I feel a whoosh of cold air when showering because it usually means Kolton has opened the door to the bathroom and turned on the fan, which I also hate.
So I feel the little whoosh, but hear no fan turn on. I wait a second and then peek around the shower curtain. I don't see anything, and then I peek around a little farther and see Kolton standing on the toilet peering over the shower curtain with a cup of cold water in his hand.
In the millisecond it took me to process this scene I was able to quickly jump out of the way as Kolton poured the cup of cold water into the shower. In his hurry to still salvage the element of surprise, his accuracy suffered and I only got a few drops of the cold water on me. 
But was this good enough for Kolton?
No siree!
He yells "HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS IN HERE!" and quickly starts refilling his cup in the sink.
As he resumes his position standing on the toilet, I start swatting at the cup in his hand. 
My hand connects with the wet, slippery, full of water, glass cup in his hand, Kolton drops the cup, spilling water all down the front of himself, and the cup shatters when it hits the tile. 
I said something to him along the lines of 
"Smooth move x-lax, good luck cleaning up that mess."
and resumed my shower. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing. You two are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ha ha ha ha...Jake tries to do this to me ALL the time! Except it always works. Always. and when he isn't doing this prank, he's just turning my water to cold. Men!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers