May 6, 2011

we are officially......

Plugged In!!
And it's a wonderful feeling.
for those of you that don't know what "plugged in" means {which is understandable, i think i made up that phrase just now} it is code for....
WE HAVE THE INTERNET!!
Maybe I should have said, we are officially "online". But that may be misleading. For now I'll stay with "plugged in," because in actuality all it took for the nice internet man that just stopped by to hook us up was to plug in a fancy little cord into my computer.
Which, by the way, I don't actually like fix-it men all that much. Don't get me wrong-they're nice and definitely helpful but I just get nervous when a strange man is standing on my doorstep and I'm home alone. Granted, his pickup said "Rocky Mountain Power" on it, but you just never know these days...And then there's the awkward to "make small talk or not to make small talk" question. I never know how engrossed they are in their work and if they just want me to go away and sweep my floor or something or if he actually wants me nearby to give him some company, or more likely, share some important information pertaining to the device he just installed. again....you just never know these days....

Talking about this has reminded me of a leetle story.
One day shortly after moving in to our house I had been working, working, working all day since practically sunrise and was just pooped. {that may or may not be an exaggeration} all this working had just plum tuckered me out so I lay down on the couch to take a little rest.....
okay....maybe I was being a titch lazy....
Nonetheless...I was quickly a-snoozin there on the couch when I heard a scritch-scratching sound. I immediately froze because I just knew it was a mouse {yes, I'm paranoid and have a phobia. I'm trying to seek help}
Then I thought I heard muffled voices. One can never be sure after just waking up, but they sure sounded like voices. And I knew it wasn't Kolton.
Basically I was a little groggy, not quite functioning, and had no idea what exactly was going on.
So I get up and follow my ears to our cracked window above the kitchen sink. I look out the window and lo and behold! Two strange men are in deep discussion outside my window.
I may have jumped a little bit, because I was NOT expecting that.
I took a couple deep breaths, gathered my courage {that didn't take long, on account of there wasn't much to gather} and headed outside to confront the strange men.
They were a little surprised to see me, but quickly introduced themselves and explained that they were here to fix our broken window.
Whew! 
So I went back inside to finish up my nap. No, just kidding, but I'm sure I did something super important. 
And that's all I have to say about that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers