May 2, 2011

after the big date

To continue on with the lovey dovey story, I thought I'd share a little bit about what happened after the big date. (aka our first date)
As Kolton dropped me off at my house we faced the awkward "to hug or not to hug" question.
We hugged.
And it was only semi-awkward.
Then as he was walking down my front steps to his pickup I yelled out to him, "Hey baby, why don't you come back here and say goodnight like a man!"
Not really.
But I should have.
Instead I said something along the lines of....
"I'm glad I could help you with your service project of the month"
He chuckled a little confusedly and waved before he tore out of my driveway like a bat outta.....heck eager to get away from this crazy lady.
He was halfway to his house before he got my joke.(He's a little quicker nowadays)
Then he texted me a very nice text about how I wasn't his service project on account of my dad paid him to take me out.
Okay. Not really. I don't actually remember what he said.
But the conversation ended with me not-so-subtlety mentioning that we would have to go out again when I came back for Christmas break.
So I went back to Provo, back to the boy I was semi-dating at the time (I made sure not to mention that fact to Kolton. Yes, I am a hussy) not exactly knowing what exactly was going to happen between me and the boy down the road.
Throughout the next month we texted about once a week or so and he called me a couple times.
The first night he called me we were just chatting about everything and when we hung up I was shocked to see that we had been talking for an hour.
An HOUR!! That's sixty minutes my friends.
I quickly texted Andra to tell her the good news (that I had talked to dream boy on the phone. Yes, that is how pathetic I was.....am.)
She sent me back a message that said something along the lines of....
"Kolton Hansen.
KOLTON HANSEN called YOU!!"
I wasn't sure whether to be offended or not, so I chose "not" since I was thinking along those lines myself.
Like I said, we talked a little bit, not a lot, over the next month before Christmas break.
And let me tell ya.
Christmas break was a real doozy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers