May 23, 2011

christmas break part 1

Okay. To continue on with the lovey dovey story. Let me just first start off by saying that things like this never happen to me. like, ever. I didn't get my first "boyfriend" {okay, so maybe we were just "going out"} until I was in the sixth grade. I was practically an old maid in grade school years. And get this: I  had to ask him out. And we never even held hands. No sir, all we did was throw snowballs at each other during recess and one time he threw a 100 Grand candy bar at me while I was on the swings.

So you can imagine my surprise when during my freshman year of college Christmas break I had three boys vying for my attention. And I'll just be honest...I wasn't that upset about it. At the beginning, anyway.

So Kolton and I had chatted a little bit before the break and I was hoping, hoping, hoping, that I would be seeing a little more of him. When I got home, I was at my sister's basketball game and talking to Kolton, via text, when he asked if I wanted to ride over to the singles ward the next day. I wasn't actually even considering going to the singles ward, but there was no way I was going to decline that invitation! So the next morning, he showed up at my door and I was a happy, happy {and nervous} girl. {this is giving me butterflies talking about it. I'm nervous all over again!}
During Sunday school, I had {conveniently} forgotten to bring my scriptures so we got to share. So we're turned towards each other sharing his scriptures, {I'm trying really hard to focus on what the teacher is saying}
And then he does it.
He ever so coolly and casually, slips his arm around the back of my chair.
And then I died.
and all thoughts of listening to the Sunday school lesson were sooo long, lost, and forgotten.

{disclaimer: I know that someone putting their arm around the back of a chair may not seem like that big of a deal. but let me tell you, it is. Especially if that someone is someone you have teasingly told your friends multiple times, "that you're gonna marry someday".....just so you know, and just so I don't sound quite so pathetic}

Anyway....
when I finally came back to life, it was time to go home.
So we climbed back into the pickup and on the way home we started talking about a neighbor who was building a ginormous house. Kolton told me that we could probably sneak in and take a look
{Only in Monteview can you do this kind of thing}
so we stopped by and as we're going up to the house, there's a little 2x4 ramp we have to walk up to reach the front door. And of course I'm wearing really dumb high-heeled boots. {I make a really good damsel-in-distress} so I start up the ramp doing a little balancing act and praying I don't slip and fall and land in the snow/mud, when I feel his hands on my waist guiding me up and ensuring I don't slip and fall and land in the snow/mud.
And then I died again.
When I came back to life we had walked through the whole house and were back in his pickup headed to drop me off.
He left me at the doorstep with the promise that we would be seeing each other again soon.
Oh, did he ever fulfill that promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers