April 6, 2011

BYU moments

I loved my time at BYU.
Every single second of it. Even when didn't even know  I was loving it....I was.
I loved the beautiful mountains that framed campus, the glass library {I always thought it was so neat}, the Special Collections section in the library where I always studied and was the only inhabitant, and everything else that made BYU what it is.
However, I had a few moments at BYU that I would have to say were my very favorite.

One day, I had just finished taking a test and was walking out of the testing center in a daze when I spotted quite a few people wearing brightly colored t-shirts and signs that were painted with the words "Free Hugs".
Before I could decipher what exactly that meant, I was approached by one of these said people.
She waltzed right up to me and said,
"Would you like a free hug?"
Of course i did!
So I gave this stranger a hug {she was an excellent hugger, by the way. Is that creepy/weird? cause it's just the truth.}
And we both went on our way.
The incident was just so random and I totally loved it.

Incident number two happened one cold morning on the way to my 8 am class. I was a little stressed out, being at the end of the semester as I trudged my way to campus.
However, as I passed Helaman Halls and headed toward the hill I had to climb each day, I heard some strange noises. Not strange for a football game, mind you. but strange for the base of a hill at 8 in the morning.
As I walked under the overpass, I saw the cause of all the ruckus.
There was a crowd of people lined a quarter of the way up the hill giving high fives and cheering everyone on as they walked up to campus.
Let me repeat.
a huge crowd of people were cheering for everyone as they walked up the hill.
How neat is that!
My stressed, worried face immediately broke out into a huge grin and I found myself giving multiple high fives and just loving life.
Seriously. how do people come up with this stuff?!
I don't know, but I will be forever grateful for them and their ingenuity because every time I think of that morning I get a huge grin on my face and just relive it all over again.
Oh, I love BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers