October 27, 2010

blustery day quick fix

Yesterday was bit of a "blustery day"
I actually don't mind blustery days....but I have some conditions.
I like to have a fireplace nearby,
a good book to keep me occupied,
some cuddly clothes,
and a handsome fiance to cuddle with.
Yesterday, however, I had none of these things. My apartment is missing a fireplace, I have only textbooks to read, all my cozy clothes are still packed up at home, and my handsome fiance is approximately 300 miles away.
sigh...
Since none of these things were working out, I decided, during my freezy walk home from campus, that I could maybe add one more condition. this new condition is......
have something to munch on that warms you down to your toes.
So after a quick trip to the grocery store, I rolled up my sleeves, tied my apron, and got to cookin.
I found a recipe online (yes-that did make me a little nervous) for chicken tortilla soup.
With a lot of help from J.J. (my roommates boyfriend) we whipped up a delicious, warming, good smelling dinner for all us girls (and J.J. of course)
Holy cow, it really was SO good! And perfect for the blustery weather outside.

oh and p.s. yes, my hands are still smelly smelly from the garlic/onion cutting.
But the end was totally worth the means.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm! i'm gonna try it! i made taco soup last night because of the weather haha. that always warms me up!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers