July 19, 2015

School Wrap-Up

The last few weeks of school were some busy ones! It seems like so long ago now, I hope I can remember! 

We had teacher appreciation week which is always my favorite! But unfortunately I caught the flu and stayed home during two of the days that week so I didn't feel as much appreciation as I wish I had! The PTO brought in treats every day of the week and of course the one week we have treats I had to miss out. And staying home from school really isn't all that fun. I just sit and stew about what is going on and hope everything is going according to plan and that the kids are being good. So it was nice to go back later that week. 

We also took a little field trip that I thought was super fun. We went to the Craze and played laser tag, mini golf, and arcade games and then took a tour of BYU-Idaho. We went to the planetarium and watched a movie about under the sea dinosaurs which the kids loved and then went to the Geology Museum, the Food Services, and the Wildlife Museum. It was a good time! 

The last week of school was nuts of course. Monday was Memorial Day and then Tuesday was the day of our Research Project Presentations. The kids worked so hard on their projects and it was fun to watch them present! They wrote two page typed essay about their topic (someone from American History), made a poster, found a costume, and wrote and memorized a one minute speech to present. They all did so great and I just loved that project. 

That week we also had Field Day which was super fun and then it was the last day! Those kids worked their fannies off for me! They were great. I had to clean out the room (both my stuff and whatever else was in there) for the new teacher and was feeling overwhelmed at the task. But when I saw that I had 21 kids with nothing to do all day I decided to take advantage of it. And I worked them hard. Everybody had jobs and I didn't do any work at all! I just bossed kids around all day which is something I'm really good at. I had some kids help me dejunk shelves and drawers and got a kick out of their expressions when I handed them huge stacks of paper and told them to throw it away. We went through many trash bags that day but by the end of the day the room was all cleaned out. The kids were so great and helpful and I don't know how I could have done it without them. Then we went to the gym for the last hour of the day and had a little dance and then turned them loose for summer! It was definitely a bittersweet day. I am totally okay with being done teaching but I will miss hanging out with those kids every day. They were such great kids and just so fun. I definitely learned a lot from those two years of teaching and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. But I am also ready to have just one kid to take care of and make sure she is behaving. But I will miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers