July 11, 2015

Quick Random Thoughts

So. I am currently waiting for Kolton to get home from work. And decided to just type and type and get all my random thoughts down while I’m waiting. He said he’d be home 30 minutes ago and has yet to show up. I have learned to start dinner about the time he says he’ll be home because he is always late. Always. Except one time when he was actually on time and couldn’t believe that I didn’t have dinner ready and waiting. I had to remind him that that day had been an anomaly.

Anyway, that’s life at this current point in time. I think Kolton is mostly loving the fact that I am unemployed about as much as I am. I made a checklist the day I got out of school with all the things that I want to accomplish this summer and every day I wake up, go for a walk with my mom, and then pick what I want to do off that list. No responsibility has been the best thing to ever happen to me and I am trying to soak it in as much as possible because I know that life is going to change in a big way in about 3 months which completely terrifies me. I am not a lover of change. In fact, I hate it. The unknown is what scares me and this babe definitely falls in that category. But the days march on and I cross things off my list and the day we get to meet her is getting closer and closer. And while the logical and fundamental part of my brain recognizes that that is a good thing, the larger and irrational part is absolutely terrified. And I know how that sounds coming from someone who just wrote 4 long posts about how badly she wants a baby, but this is honesty. I’m scared out of my mind, but I also think that it just has to be good. It’s just been Kolton and I for so long so this is really going to change things up in hopefully a good way and give life a little more purpose.

Anyway, it really is fun to feel her bumping along inside me all day long. She’s not a big mover but she definitely saves her biggest kicks for when Kolton has his hand on my belly. I’m trying to decide if that means she likes him, or doesn’t like him. However she’s feeling now, I know it’ll only be a matter of time before she is smitten with him. He is the biggest softy of all time, and I’m excited to see them together.

Angela and Brianna threw me the best ever bridal shower before school ended. I left with quite a haul and I was so grateful for everyone who thought of me and was so sweet. That was a fun day. Even better was when I got home and spread everything out on the floor of the spare bedroom/hopefully soon to be baby room. I went in there and just looked at everything often. Since then we have bought a couple outfits and I dug up a baby quilt my Grandma Mickelsen had made. Seeing all this stuff makes it seem a little more real.
I am almost done with my spring cleaning list (SOOO CLOSE!) and once I finish that I will be able to focus on fun things like getting the baby room together and sewing and other little projects. So that’s what I’ve mainly been doing so far this summer and what the aforementioned list mainly consisted of. Anyway, this has been about the most random assortment of thoughts there ever was, but here it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers