September 29, 2014

Salt Lake Girls Trip

In the week between the fair and school starting and during the heat of the harvest, we decided it was high time we took a little girls trip. 
Addi, my mom, and I headed down to Salt Lake! 
Our first stop was Scheel's because it was just kind of neat and we'd heard a lot of good about it. We actually found some really cute non exercise clothes and did a little shopping as well as looking around. 
After that we headed to the hotel to freshen up and then ate at P.F. Chang's which was quite fabulous.

From there we headed back to the hotel because we had a little more time to chill and freshen up before we headed to the theatre to see WICKED! 
Oh my stars, it was amazing. 
We somehow ended up with seats on the very front row which we were a little nervous about but it was absolutely amazing. 
Oh, I just can't even describe it. 
We were so up close and personal. The bubbles were popping on our noses and the smoke was right in our faces and we were making eye contact with the actors and it was just....I don't even know. Just the best ever. 

I had been to Wicked when I went on American Heritage and loved it then but it was even better this time. I loved Glinda. She was sooo good and darling. I knew the story a little more too so it was fun to have an idea of what was coming next and just really soak it in. 
Oh man. I could go to that show every night for the rest of my life and be completely happy. It was fabulous. 

The next day, after we'd spent some time that night gushing, we woke up and headed to City Creek to do some shopping. That mall is just super fun even though it is still a little too high class for me. We did find some fun stores before we headed to the Gateway which is also a fun mall. And also had some fun stores. 

By that afternoon we were all shopped out and ready to head home. We stopped in Layton for some Red Lobster which I have been craving since we stopped there on the way to our cruise. And it did not disappoint. 
Then we were back on the road. Around Pocatello we got into the biggest rainstorm ever. It was slightly terrifying. The rain was pounding the windshield so hard that we couldn't see and lightning was all around us and I was trying to soothe my mom and we were all pretty happy to finally be home. 
It was a fabulous trip and super fun to just hang out with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers