July 12, 2014

Recent Dates

I really love going on dates. I feel like we don't go out for a while and then I realize that basically everything we do is a date. Unfortunately that also includes grocery shopping and parts runs. 
But lately we've gone on a few super fun dates that I want to remember. 

1. It rained on our hay. A LOT. So we decided to ease our sorrows and go into town with Bitters and Andersons. We went into the Copper Rill restaurant (I told Brevan where we had gone and he said he'd never heard of it. I explained that it was the place Shandi owned and he said, "Ohhh...I thought the name of that restaurant was Shandi's Place." Probably because that's how everyone refers to it haha! ) and had a lovely dinner. It was a very looong dinner and Kolton was a bit grumpy about it, and normally I would have been too, but it had been such a long time since we'd been anywhere with friends and we had nothing better to do than look at ruined hay, so I didn't mind too much. 

2. The very next day Kolton had to go to Montana to get some wood for the fence they are building at the cabin and half-serious asked me if I wanted to go. Since I had nothing better to do than spring clean and since I've been doing my best to avoid that, I said yes. So away we went. And we had a great time just bouncing along in the truck. We took the scenic route (for the desert anyway) through Leadore and up because we are scenic route people...and also because our truck wasn't legal. We had a nice little visit which I just love and Kolton had to help me with my 2nd church talk in about as many weeks. We had quite the little heated gospel discussion which may have included me telling Kolton that he was destroying my testimony. But it ended well, despite the fact that I feel like I know very little and understand even less about church doctrine. Something I need to work on. And I just love that patient husband who is so sweet and good at explaining things even when I'm arguing over every word he says. 
On the way home we stopped at the gas station for square ice cream cones which was a very bad idea because we had bellyaches from too much sugar and nothing of substance. And that was that! 
Oh, and I fell asleep and Kolton took this picture of me. 
Lovely.


3. The last date we went on had kind of a rough start. Kolton had been telling me all week that he was taking me on a date so I was excited. But THEN I figured out that he wasn't so much taking me on a date as he was wanting me to drive in and home separately so he could get his new tired put on the roadbike. So I felt stupid because I hadn't gotten ready and thrown a hat on because I was planning on riding the roadbike. I was pretty angry with him as I followed him into town but as soon as I ate some dinner my outlook on the evening brightened considerably. Amazing how that happens. After dinner once he realized he had his wife back instead of a grizzly bear, Kolton suggested we go to the arcade and race cars against each other. So that's what we did! And I am happy to say that I beat Kolton more than he beat me! And Kolton is happy to say that he was able to dig 3 quarters out of the machine so we had some free games! A cheapskate to the T. Then we teamed up and battled some zombies and it was pretty awesome! After that we grabbed some snow cones and while we were waiting we showed our artistic abilities with the sidewalk chalk. And then we were able to ride home side by side on the freeway with Kolton on the bike and me in the car. Super romantic. 

Man, I just love it when we get a chance to spend some time together that's somewhere other than in front of the T.V. It's great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers