June 19, 2014

Last Weekend

So last weekend was a pretty good one. 
Kolton's cousin Cody was getting married so we headed to the Rexburg temple and loved seeing them get hitched. We were so happy for both of them! 


From there we went to lunch at Millhollow (can't beat that place!) with Kirt, Sandra, Shannon, and Bear. We had a great time discussing their memories of Kolton putting a dead snake in the shower to scare Staci, and Kolton almost being run over by a pivot while in a pickup. I had a blast listening to those stories. 

From there, Kolton went to the DMV and took his written test to get his motorcycle license! He had been taking practice tests online and surprisingly I knew a lot of the answers. Or else I'm just a lucky guesser. He was pretty nervous but he passed of course. Just look at that happy face. 

From there we took a little detour which got us lost and at a dead end, but it was okay because we were deep in a discussion of the song Sk8er Boi. Because that's naturally the kind of material that two college graduates discuss. 

When we found ourselves and came to an agreement about who really ended up with the Sk8er Boi we stopped at the Lube Shop to get a F'real milkshake because they are just all the rage here in Terreton and we like to keep up on the latest trends. 

By the time we got home we had enough time to change clothes and head up to Dillon, MT for the reception on none other than....the roadbike! 

And I am just not completely sold on that thing. It was freezing, my bum was sore, the wind was whipping in my ears, my legs were cramped, and I was feeling super ornery. I was trying so hard to like it, but it just wasn't happening. 

We finally made it to the reception with a serious case of helmet hair. I had brought a comb so we went into the bathroom together (scandalous, I know) to freshen up. As luck would have it, there was a bit of a line when we exited the bathroom. together. and it was embarrassing. 

The reception was held in the spud cellar and it was super neat! They had quite the BBQ all set up and it was very delicious. We chatted with some family for a bit and then had to head home. 



So we got back on the bike and were out of there. The ride home was significantly better too! It's amazing what a good dinner can do for my attitude. It was even freezing cold, but I don't know if my bum had just gotten used to the seat or what, but it wasn't so bad. I was also deep in thought about school next year and thinking through some of my plans for what I want to do differently so that helped too. 
By the time we made it home we were frozen but it had still been a good day! I love it when Kolton and I can just hang out because it doesn't happen very often and it makes me remember why I like him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers