June 17, 2014

St. George Roommate Weekend

So my favorite little KyLeigh and JJ finally got married! 
And I was not going to miss it! 
When the last school bell rang I was out the door along with the kids headed to Salt Lake. 
I forgot how LOOONG that car ride is. 
Then I had to navigate traffic through Salt Lake to get to Kelsee's apartment which was terrifying. 
But I made it. 

From there Kelsee drove (one of the wiser decisions we made on the trip) us down to Provo where we picked  up Chelsea and had to partake of some In-N-Out. Heavens, I have missed that place. 

Then we started the drive down to St. George. It was also a long one, but we filled it with plenty of conversation. 
When we finally arrived at my grandparents house, my uncle Laird was the best host. He had set us up with our towels all folded neatly on our beds and little mints on the nightstands and food in the fridge. It was like a hotel!
I ended up in the master bedroom which was fabulous. The bed and bathroom were huge and I didn't mind at all. I felt a little bit like royalty in those accommodations.

The next morning we headed to the temple to see the newly married couple come out. And get acclimated to the heat. Holy hannah it was hot down there! I have a red face in all the pictures because I was dying of heat. 

After giving the couple a huge hug because I haven't seen either of them since they left on their missions we had to go to Sonic and get a slushie to cool down. 
From there, we went to the Outlet mall which is extremely overrated, but I liked the kitchen supply store because I've gotten more and more boring since I've been married. 

Then we headed to the luncheon which was a delicious Mexican food feast. So good. And they had churros.  We got to visit with the Jones' even more at the luncheon which was fabulous. I just really can't even describe how much I love those two. 

Then we had the rest of the afternoon to hang out. We ended up going to get pedicures which was another wise decision. The ladies were so friendly and fun and I'm no longer embarrassed to show my toes. In fact, I had to run to a store to buy some shoes that would show off my new toes. Mostly because my closed toed ones weren't working well with the wet nail polish and the flip flops they gave me were more like flippers. 


Then we went to the reception which was in the backyard of one of the more gorgeous houses I've ever seen. There was ivy growing all over the walls and the patio and swimming pool were just so great. They had crepes with different kinds of filling and Jones soda bottles with their picture glued to them. I died over the cleverness. And they had golf carts to deliver us from our cars to the reception. You just can't beat that. 



And then we went to the other wise decision of the trip. The Sunday before leaving, I was at my parents flipping through their LDS Living magazine when I saw an ad for Tuacahn. The timing was fortuitous and I was able to get us some tickets for opening night of The Little Mermaid. It was so amazing! The theatre itself was pretty cool and then there's just something about plays that gets to me. I don't know if it's just the live emotion or what, but I got all choked up during "Part of Your World." 
Embarrassing. 

But Tuacahn really was great and I would recommend it to anyone. They had so many neat special effects and used water and it was just awesome. 

On Sunday we ate breakfast out on the patio which was great and then we went to Sacrament Meeting in the first church we could find. Not too hard in St. George. 
And then we started the long drive home. 
I wasn't looking forward to that part but again, great conversation. 
I really loved dropping Chelsea off at her apartment and remembering how much I love Provo, even though I felt kind of old seeing the singles and freshman and such. 

After saying my goodbyes to Kelsee in SLC, I was homeward bound and super happy to get out of the car once I got home. 
It was such a great weekend with great company! 
Let's do it again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers