April 26, 2014

The Time I Got Swindled by a Sweet Talking Southern Meat Salesman

So last summer kolton was spending a lot of time listening to the radio while out at work and he repeatedly heard an ad that he just couldn't refuse. 
There was a big sale on meat that was being advertised in the mall parking lot. 
The big selling point was 20 ribeyes for $25. 
Of course my dear husband can't refuse a good deal and since I'm his favorite person to volunteer for these schemes, I was delegated to head into town to check out the sale. 

So I go and when it's my turn in line this southern salesman turns on the charm because somehow he knows what a sucker I am for a southern accent. While I'm under his spell he is just throwing steaks of all kinds all over the place and talking about all the deals he's going to cut me while I am standing there swooning over the way he called me ma'am. 
Not my proudest moment. 
But it worked. 
I walked out of there with not the 20 ribeyes I had come for, but 60 steaks of all varieties. Ribeyes,t-bones, sirloins, filet mignon, you name it. 

As soon as I closed the car door on that sweet southern accent I called kolton in a panic explaining what I had done. He was a little surprised but did a little math and figured that I had still gotten a good deal on everything so he convinced me not to turn around and take it all back. 

So we kept the steaks, and I'll tell you what, they are the worst steaks I have had in my life. They are paper thin and just have a funny taste to them. We can't enjoy a nice steak dinner and they are so bad that we don't even dare give them away or have people over to eat them because they are so nasty. 

And that's the last time kolton sent me to do his dirty work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers