December 15, 2013

I Hesitate to Share This...

But I'm going to anyway. Because it was really bad and still not quite yet really funny (but it might be one day) all rolled into one. 
So Monday was just not a super great day to be me. It was the Monday-est Monday I have ever had. I was just having a bona fide bad day and then it got worse. 

That afternoon the kids at school were doing their Literature Circles and reading silently when a girl came up to my desk and told me she didn't feel well. I told her to go to the bathroom or do whatever she needed to if she was feeling sick. She headed toward the door and right when she got to the door I called out that I needed to see the members or a particular group. She was one of the members of the group so being the obedient girl she is, she came back to see what I had to say. I didn't really notice she was there as I started in on my directions for the group. But I heard "Oh no..." 

And then, there was puke. 

Bleh....I still shudder when I think about it.
She ran out of the room and I ordered the rest of the class to get in line RIGHT NOW. and NO TALKING. And then we went down to the gym where they continued to do their literature circles and I ran to the office to get the custodian. 

Turns out...the custodian leaves early in the afternoons so the mess was all mine. I'm sure the secretary got a kick out of the look of utter disbelief/disgust/anxiety that I gave her. 

When I recovered after asking "Really?" about 7 times I headed back down to the classroom to grab the rest of the class' worksheets. And as soon as I walked in the door my gag reflex kicked in big time and I about threw up myself. Like, really. 

So then I went back down to the office and got the girl out of the sick bed because I am the meanest person in the world and then I made her clean up her own puke. 

And then I ran back and forth from the classroom and the gym and the custodial closet and the office about fifty times and it was just a really awesome afternoon and a fabulous end to a fabulous day. 
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers