August 17, 2013

Mud Lake Fair and Rodeo

The Mud Lake Fair is one of my favorite parts of summer. I don't really know why besides the fact that it's just dang fun to go out and about and see all of the people in our little town turn out for the event.
And plus, there is always good food to be had. 

I went down the day of the pig show to see Addi, Brevan, Teagan, and Kortni show their pigs. It was a dang long, hot day and I didn't stay for too long because I got all sorts of nervous that school was starting and I had yet to organize my classroom. So I went down to the school for a couple hours and worked and then still was able to make it back in time for the rest of the show. 


 Teagan reminds me so much of Kolton in that picture.
 If moving a pig around a stinky corral filled with fifty others pigs doesn't look like fun, then I don't know what is! 
I did pig 4-H for a number of years and while it really was a good experience...I sure don't miss it too much. Except for the payoff at the end of the summer, that was always nice. 

That night was the big parade. My Grandma and Grandpa Newman were the Grand Marshals of the Fair this year so they invited us cousins to ride with them in the horse drawn wagon in the parade. We had a ginormous laundry basket full of candy and still somehow managed to run out before we made it to the end. We ended up digging out the candy that Keston had stashed in his pockets. 
It was so fun!

 After the parade, we ate at the fairgrounds and I was able to get a picture with the Grand Marshals themselves.

 And of course I had to eat some of the delicious authentic Mexican food that is always the main part of my diet during fair week.
Oh yum! Those tamales and rice were to die for! 

And then on Saturday night, it was time for the rodeo! My favorite! 
I don't know why I love the rodeo so much but I just really do. Everybody in the community turns out for it and it's just a really good time! 
I was even able to drag Kolton out of the combine to join in the fun!

And that was that!
Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers