August 10, 2013

If I Only Had A Brain

1. I did a really, really, REALLY stupid thing the other day. So stupid that it makes me want to punch myself in the face. 
So days before we were getting married, Kolton and I were driving to the wedding dress store to pick up my dress when I mentioned to Kolton that I needed to find some earrings for the big day. 
He sat in silence for a minute and then said, "Hey, reach back in my coat in the inside pocket." 
I did as he asked and found in my hand a beautiful little bag and inside the little bag were some gorgeous diamond earrings. The diamonds were fake but the 24 ct. gold surrounding them was not.
I about died over what a thoughtful gift this was. He told me he had planned on giving them to me as a wedding gift and at a little more opportune time, but didn't want me marching in the store and buying some earrings when he already had some. 

Note the earrings...

Fast forward a couple years of me wearing those earrings ALL THE TIME. 
I wore them constantly and hardly ever took them out. 

The other day I was in the shower and was busy shampooing when I heard a little ding sound. I looked down and there on the shower floor were two little dark dots. I had a minor freak out because I realized I had forgotten to check the shower for spiders when I got in and now there were two dead spiders right by my feet. 
So I used my foot and pushed and pushed and pushed with water until those two little black things went down the drain. One was being a little stubborn, but with a little more effort, it eventually went down the drain too. 
I then shuddered a little bit at the thought of a spider being in such close proximity to me and continued with the shampooing. 

When I got out of the shower I was combing through my hair when I noticed I was missing an earring. 
Almost immediately I realized what had happened and I just wanted to die/punch myself for being so stupid. 

Oh I just felt awful (and still feel really awful) and I checked down the drain but it was long gone. So I pulled myself together and called Kolton.
"Um...I did a really really REALLY stupid thing just barely..." was how I prefaced my story. Then I proceeded to tell him all about it. 
He let out an audible sigh and said, "Oh, that's all? I thought you had wrecked the car (he didn't say "again" but I know that's what he was thinking. But that's a story for another day) It's okay." 

And that was basically the end of the conversation.  He teased me about it a little when he got home but I still just get a pit in my stomach every time I think about it. 
When I say I have impetuous tendencies do you now see what I mean? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers