July 30, 2012

the fourth

Even though the Fourth of July was quite a long time ago I still feel the need to record our activities. For future generations, ya know?

Anyway.
We went back and forth ten million times on what exactly our plans were for the fourth. Kolton was done with hay so that wasn't messing up our plans, but me going to school sure was.
We finally ended up going with Kolton's family on a Razr ride up to Packsaddle Lake.  And we had so much fun!
At the very last minute I packed our swimsuits as a precaution. I thought we'd be doing a lot of Razr riding and very little (if any at all) swimming. But it was so dang dusty that we just stayed at the lake, had a nice little picnic, and swam.
We were so dirty after the ride to the lake. I don't know if you can see it, but our faces were filthy.

The kidlings had a nice time playing in the dirt and freezing water.
                                                   Taven
Lily wasn't loving the water
                                               Madison was!

There was even a rope swing and "diving board" for the big kids to play on.
Teagan on the "diving board"
Kolton was being a bit too brave for my liking.
Tyson
                                                         Ethan
And I stayed in character and was a big ole wanny like usual. I did finally go off the rope swing but it took four minutes of persuasion and crying and wanny-ing before I finally just did it. We have video proof of the whole ordeal unfortunately. My voice gets high pitched and shaky when I'm scared to death. I was begging Kolton to just go before me (even though he'd been four times already) and it finally took Bear standing behind me and letting me know that the only way I was getting off that log was by way of rope swing for me to cowboy up.
I was near tears at this point while trying to convince Kolton to just let me climb down. It doesn't look that scary, but it WAS! for me at least. no one else really seemed to have any trouble with it.
                                         
After that near death experience it was about time to head home. So we packed up and headed out of there getting equally as dirty on the way home.
We even got to see the fireworks. iIm like a little kid when it comes to fireworks and let Kolton know that there was no way I was missing out on the fireworks. So on the way home we were leaving the gas station and saw a little Rexburg show going on so we pulled off to the side of the road and watched for about ten minutes before heading home. I got my firework fix to top off a perfect fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers