July 28, 2012

Bear Lake

Last weekend was a really great weekend.
First of all, I finished off the semester! It was a beautiful day. It's been so hard to want to go to school this summer. I've had to drive in to Rexburg every single day and it's just really been a drag. I did start listening to the Harry Potter books on tape and that was great because I actually looked forward to the drive so I could listen to my book. But I finished with all my finals on Thursday and we headed down to the Hansen reunion in Bear Lake.

I had never been to Bear Lake before so it was a fun little adventure.

 The first day we went on a little razr ride to an ice cave that really wasn't impressive or large or anything special, but in order to get out of the cave we had to climb out of this scarier than heck crevice in the rock. I don't exactly know how Kolton drags me into these things, but I don't like it too much.
Once again I was a complete wanny and would not climb out of this hole. You can't see it in the picture, but we were standing on a small ledge that we had climbed onto and then were climbing up a little farther to get out of there. The only thing standing between me and falling to my certain death down the dark hole in the rock was Kolton's hand that I was using as a foothold. More than for my own safety I was worried that putting all my weight on Kolton would knock him off balance and down the dark hole. Cuz I'm noble like that.
But after more crying and persuasion and wanny-ing I stepped onto my makeshift foothold and climbed out of that hole. My hands and legs didn't stop shaking for half an hour.
Kolton, of course, handled it like a pro and then went back for round two.

I don't love it when he does things like this.
Once out of the hole I stayed far away picked flowers and chased butterflies with Lily and Madi. That's my kind of time! No danger involved.
ethan and kortni. both of whom are only about ten million times braver than i am.

Once everyone had their fill of climbing out of scary holes in the ground. We continued on our razr ride and somehow Madi fell asleep. I have no idea how because it was the bumpiest dang ride I have ever been on!  

That evening we went to the lake to play on the beach. This was my favorite part of the whole trip. The water was so beautiful and and warm and the little kids loved it! We could walk out forever and the water would be just at our waists. We had so much fun playing for a couple hours.
ready to go!
Shannon and Calvin. Calvin especially LOVED the water. I couldn't believe it, but he just had the time of his life crawling around in the water and sand.
kortni and Lil


The next day we went to the Minnetonka caves and had a little tour.
It was neat to see the cave formations and we all had a nice time.
The whole fam-damily





The chipmunks were eating crackers out of Lily's hand.


That afternoon we rented a boat and everybody got to jump on the wakeboard. We had a lot of fun and especially loved the cabless tractors they used to put the boats in the water.

The next morning we cleaned up the lodge and then had a little picnic lunch at Bloomington lake. We had to hike in, but it was worth it. It was so beautiful up there in the mountains. Kolton, Tyson, and Ethan went on a little hike up the side of the mountain and when they got back we headed home.
me looking really awesome in front of the mountain the boys climbed
the boys actually looking awesome on top of the mountain they climbed



And that was the end my friend! It was a great trip and we had a blast exploring, playing, and spending time with family.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers