July 29, 2012

i don't love my lawnmower.

But Brevan does!

The other day I decided it was high time to mow the lawn. Mowing the lawn used to be my very favorite job. I loved my parents lawn mower and it was a good excuse to hike up my shorts and enjoy some sun.
But then we inherited an old lawn mower and mowing the lawn is the last thing on my list of things to do. Always.
We really are glad to have a lawnmower and I use it all the time, it's just really small and usually runs out of gas halfway through the job and does not turn very well.
But other than that, it's great!

Anyway, so when I decided it was time to mow the lawn I pulled out the old thing and went to work. As per usual, it ran out of gas about halfway through. After searching in vain for a full gas can I decided to abandon the job and have Kolton bring home some gas when he came home for lunch.
So I went inside and started on my Saturday cleaning. When I was almost done I heard the lawnmower running outside. When I went out to investigate I saw this young man had taken over my post.


Believe me, he was a lot happier than he comes across in the picture.
He and my dad had stopped to grab a fourwheeler and found my stranded lawn mower. They filled her up with gas and Brev went to town.
I told him I'd take over, but he was loving the job and I wasn't about to argue with him. So he mowed my lawn that day and he and Tylee have done it a few more times since then. It's been great! And we all get what we want. Brevan gets to drive a John Deere mower and I can sit in the house and watch tv do other really important stuff while he works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers