December 8, 2011

i married him for his handiness

So a really funny thing happened this morning.
We rolled out of bed about half an hour later than we should have (call me lazy but I just really don't think alarm clocks should work before seven) So we were hustling a little bit to get to class on time. I decided to run out to start my car to get it to defrost a little bit (this cold weather is killing me man! I just feel so unprepared for the freezing-ness).

So I'm running to the door in  my usual start-the-car-in-the-morning attire (my tight, tight, unattractive leggings I wear under my dress pants, a shade shirt, and boots. Kolton shakes his head at me every time I leave the house in this outift. He's slightly embarrassed of/for me.)
I reach the door, try to twist the doorknob and.....
Nothin.
So I try again.
and again.
and again.
and again.
Nothin.
The doorknob will not budge. There's no twisting action or anything going on here.
So I try to mess with the unlock device.
Still nothing.
So I did the only thing I could think to do.
Cried.
Just kidding! I politely asked Kolton if he could come see what the heck was going on with the door.
So Kolton walked to the door, tried to twist the doorknob and experienced the same confusion I had. (see above situation for all the details)

After a little pushing and shoving and unnecessary roughness toward the door and more futile twisting on the doorknob, we just looked at each other. 
And looked at the door.
And looked back at each other. 
Then we decided that we may as well enjoy our prison sentence, jumped back into bed, and watched movies the rest of the day. 

Not really.
But I considered it for about half a second. 

Instead Kolton pulled out his handy dandy drill and went to town taking off the doorknob. After a little more finagling with the inner workings of the doorknob-I was obviously no help with this; I decided it would be a better use of my time to put on some actual clothes just in case Kolton's finagling actually worked. 

Unfortunately, he is a very good finagler, the door was working in no time, and we had to go to school.
Bummer dude.
But it was still a nice adventure to begin the day with.

1 comment:

  1. Haha love you darling! And I love reading all your funny stories!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers