December 7, 2011

in which we watch westerns and start rumors

I came home not very many weekends later. My friends was leaving on his mission and I was planning on going to his farewell. I also had other reasons for returning to Monteview... As we went through the line, Bruce Smith asked Kolton if there was a reason why Kolton and I were there together. I let him answer that question on his own and conveniently snuck away.
We also ran into my piano teacher, Yvonne, who talked to me all about the dates I had been going on (with boys from Provo) until she saw Kolton behind me. Then she pursed her lips and looked at me with a smile before trying to backtrack. (I secretly got a big kick out of this. Mostly because I don't know where she was getting all her information, but also because it was a pretty awkward situation with us still not exactly knowing what we were doing) 
Later that night we watched Maverick which is one of our favorite shows now. And talked and talked and talked some more until we heard my mother's croaky voice from the top of the stairs.
"Jayc.....do you know what time it is?"
huh-uh.
"You might wanna find out"
Kolton and I looked at each other.
He was mortified.
I was cracking up.
We went upstairs and saw that it was three o'clock in the morning!
So I shooed him home and told him I'd see him tomorrow.
The next night, Kolton picked me up and we headed to his grandparents to pick up his siblings. We walked in and saw that his grandparents had company. A lot of company. A lot of company that was made up of Kolton's aunts who were all sorts of curious about the girl he had with him.
After we escaped that attack with Kolton again mortified and me cracking up, we headed back to his parents house where Kolton made me his specialty dinner-oriental chicken (later to be the dinner we ate by candlelight the night we got engaged). After we finished that deliciousness, we decided to put in another movie, "The Cowboys" which I had never seen before. I know, I know. But it was good! Especially because we were all cuddled up with each other. And it didn't feel weird or awkward-just nice.
Well, nice until his dad came down and caught us all cuddled up. (this time I might have been a little mortified)
When Kolton dropped me off at my house, my mother had so cleverly hung a sign on the door that read "BYU Approved Housing" (meaning curfew is at midnight)
She thinks she's hilarious.
On Sunday, Leroy gave his talk, and did an awesome job, but the best part might have been being the last ones in the Sunday school class, sitting on the front row, and having Kolton put his arm around me while we shared scriptures-again! Because I had conveniently forgot mine-again! And having a million people attack our parents with questions about what exactly was going on with the two of us.
Our parents didn't know much more than we did, so I don't know how those conversations went.
But then all too soon the time came for me to leave. (I quickly came to dread 4:00 on a Sunday because it was time to make the four hour drive back to Provo)
We said our goodbyes, and neither of us really knew what was going to happen between then and til I could head up north again. (I'll give you a hint: good stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers