December 6, 2011

christmas break part 6

So after Kolton had spent the night (on the couch of course) and we had spent the morning together, it was time to go home. As we were driving and talking, just the two of us, I came to the realization that we had spent nearly every day all day with each other that entire week. I had seen him every day and chatted with him every day and we still hadn't run out of things to talk about.
Whoa.
That made me happy.

But the Christmas Break was over and I still didn't really know what to make of all the happenings. I still didn't exactly know what was going on here.

So he dropped me off and I headed back to Provo, and back to my almost-boyfriend, with no clue what I was going to do.
I picked up my roommate Heather and on the long drive shared with her the whole story of my Christmas break (all 6 parts!) and she was just as confused as I was.

Over the next few days I battled my confusion, came to a mutual understanding/agreement to end things with the almost boyfriend (aren't those mutual feeling kind of breakups the best?!), and of course, talked to Kolton.
And that was the beginning of a whole new kind of relationship that wasn't actually that new to me...

The long distance relationship.

I had been around this block before and knew that even though it was exciting and fun to talk via phone, nothing beats seeing each other in person, and long distance relationships rarely, if ever, work out.

The odds weren't exactly in our favor.
Especially if you consider that we really didn't actually know each other that well beyond a week of Christmas break and that Kolton was heading up to school and a social life, while I was 350 miles away at my own school with my own social life.

I really didn't know what was going to happen and I knew that he was just as confused about this as I was, but I decided to just let the chips fall where they may and see where that got us. 

So that's what we did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers